Keep the delicious buttery flavor without the unhealthy fat using macadamia nut oil!
Asparagus & Gruyere FrittataCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
2 tbsp. macadamia nut oil
1/2 lb asparagus spears, tough ends snapped off
1 1/2 cups liquid eggs (or 6 large eggs, lightly beaten)
3/4 cup shredded gruyere cheese
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated by soaking in a small amount of water for a few minutes ahead of time
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Heat macadamia nut oil in a 10-inch oven-proof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add asparagus first, sauté for 3-4 minutes, shaking the pan slightly to ensure all sides of the asparagus are browned.
- Turn the heat off and add liquid eggs evenly, covering the asparagus.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, pushing them down so that they’re covered in the egg mixture. Be sure not to disturb the eggs at the bottom of the pan.
- Remove pan from the stove and place directly into oven for 5-8 minutes or until top is slightly browned
- Remove frittata from oven with a spatula, slice into portions and serve!