Feel free to experiment with your own favorites for this recipe, perhaps arugula instead of spinach. Mix up your vegetables, spices and lean protein ingredients to keep this breakfast fresh!
Cajun Chicken and Egg SandwichCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
4, 4 oz. Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast, Halved
2 Teaspoon Macadamia Nut Oil
1 Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
8 Whole Grain Sandwich Rounds
4 Slices Pepper Jack Cheese
2 Cups Fresh Spinach Leaves
1/2 Onion, Thinly Sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat macadamia nut oil in a non-stick pan. Add onions and spinach. Sprinkle with a pinch of Cajun seasoning
- In another non-stick pan, heat macadamia nut oil and add egg. Cook thoroughly.
- Add some chicken to the vegetable pan. Sprinkle with a little more Cajun seasoning
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Lay out the bread rounds
- Prepare the open-faced sandwich by layering egg on top of bread rounds. Sprinkle cheese on egg and fold. Top with the vegetable and chicken mix. Sprinkle with a little more cheese.
- Lightly spray open-faced sandwich with non-stick spray.
- Bake until cheese is melted, only a few minutes.