Puree the soup for a different texture! If you do, add the chicken, and rice after pureeing.
Chicken, Lentil & Brown Rice SoupCourse: LunchDifficulty: Easy
Macadamia nut oil
1-2 Tablespoon Garlic, Minced
1 Cups Chicken Broth
1 Cup Lentils
1 Cup Onions, Chopped
1 Cup Celery, Chopped
1/2 Cup Brown Rice
2 Cups Chicken Breast, Cubed
1 Cup Tomato
Pesto, to Taste
- Heat macadamia nut oil in soup pot. Cook celery with onions and garlic, briefly.
- Add brown rice and lentils. Sauté with vegetables.
- Add chicken broth (enough to cover the ingredients in the pot). Let simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Add chopped chicken with tomatoes and pesto.
- Allow to cook for a few minutes until fully heated. Serve.