Little things like macadamia nut oil and olive oil mayo are great ways to introduce good fats into your diet.
Cold Meatloaf Sandwich with Arugula & Roasted Red PepperCourse: LunchDifficulty: Easy
1/2 Cup Onion, Sliced
1 Teaspoon Garlic, Minced
3/4 Cup Roasted Red Pepper, Sliced
1/2 Cup Arugula
Cold Meatloaf Slices
1/2 Cup Olive Oil Mayo
1 Tablespoon Pesto
2 Whole Grain Sandwich Rounds
- Sauté sliced onion in macadamia nut oil, and begin the carmelization process.
- Add red pepper and garlic to the onions in pan. Continue sautéing. Top with arugula and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- In another non-stick pan, sear the meatloaf to warm it up (briefly).
- Spray bread slices on both sides; place on a baking sheet.
- Stack meatloaf on bread, then add vegetable mixture from pan. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cook in oven for about 3 minutes at about 350 degrees, or until cheese is melted.
- Mix pesto and olive oil mayo and spread on top of sandwich. Serve as an open-faced sandwich.