This soup seems heavy but it has just the right ingredients to keep it light. Perfect for the upcoming cool months!
Cream of Cauliflower SoupCourse: LunchDifficulty: Easy
1 Head of Cauliflower, Washed and Broken into Florets
1/4 Cup Onion, Chopped
1/2 Garlic Clove, Minced
1 1/4 Vegetable Bouillon Cubes
1 5/8 oz. Cream Cheese, Softened
1/2 Cup Almond Milk
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
7/8 Teaspoon Parsley
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Place cauliflower flowerets, chopped onion, and garlic in a large pot. Add water so mixture is barely covered.
- Add bouillon cubes to pot and bring to a boil, let cook for 10-12 minutes, or until cauliflower is quite tender.
- Reduce heat and add in cream cheese and almond milk, stirring well.
- Add in salt, pepper, paprika and parsley, stirring well.
- Add in shredded cheese stirring frequently until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
- Remove pot from heat. Purée in batches to desired thickness in blender or food processor. Serve hot.