https://binksberryhollow.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Screenshot-84.png 892 1751 Binksberry Hollow Staff Binksberry Hollow Staff2020-09-16 21:51:202020-09-16 21:51:20Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Ras-al-hanout is Arabic for ‘best of the shop’, it is a mix of the best spices a seller has!
Curried Butternut Squash SoupCourse: LunchDifficulty: Easy
1 Medium Butternut Squash
1 Liter of Vegetable Stock
1 Small Onion
2 Cloves Garlic
2 Pinches Ras-al-hanout
4 Teaspoons Sour Cream
Sale and Pepper, to Taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree.
- Cut the butternut squash in half, scooping out seeds to use as a garnish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and roast for about 45 minutes.
- Roast seeds with salt and pepper for about 10-15 minutes.
- Check regularly for softness using a fork.
- Chop the onion and garlic and sauté gently in a little olive oil until the onion goes clear.
- Scoop out the flesh of the squash, dice and add to the onion and garlic mixture. Fry for about a minute then remove from heat.
- Add about half the stock to the pan with the onions, garlic and squash. Blend until smooth. Add more stock until the soup reaches a desirable consistency.
- Season to taste with the ras-al-hanout and continue to blend, making sure the soup doesn’t boil! Garnish with the roasted squash seeds, a teaspoon of reduced fat sour cream and serve with warm pita bread.