The harder the cheese, the less fat! Go light on the parmesan.
Italian Chicken Sausage with Sweet Pepper PastCourse: LunchDifficulty: Easy
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Onion, Sliced
3/4 Cup Red Pepper, Sliced
1 Cup Italian Chicken Sausage, Sliced
1 Tablespoon Garlic, Minced
1 Cup Arugula
1 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
Salt & Pepper, to Taste
Grated Parmesan Cheese, to Taste
- Heat large skillet and add olive oil. Add onion and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and sausage and sauté together.
- Sprinkle arugula on top. Then add pasta to skillet. Cook briefly to warm up all the ingredients.
- Top off with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.