https://binksberryhollow.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Screenshot-75.png 855 1715 Binksberry Hollow Staff Binksberry Hollow Staff2020-09-09 00:19:252020-09-09 00:19:25Korean Beef with Scallions and Wild Rice
Korean Beef with Scallions and Wild Rice
I love to make wild rice in large batches and freeze it for easier future meals.
Korean Beef with Scallions and Wild RiceCourse: LunchDifficulty: Easy
1 1/2 lbs Lean Skirt Steak
3 Tablespoons Macadamia Nut Oil
1/2 lb Shiitake Mushrooms, Sliced
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
2 Tablespoons Truvia
1 1/2 Cups Wild Rice
4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
4 Scallions, Thinly Sliced
1-3 Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dried
2 Large Carrots, Grated
- Slice beef thinly across the grain into pieces about 3-inches long.
- Cook the rice in boiling water about 10-13 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- While rice is cooking, add scallions for flavor. Cook mushrooms in oil in a small skillet until softened, then remove and drain.
- Add the garlic, scallions and hot peppers to the skillet with the drained mushrooms and cook on high for about 1 minute or until pepper becomes aromatic, then add carrot, soy sauce and Truvia.
- Sauté steak and mushrooms with garlic.
- Cook the meat for 2-3 minutes but try not to overcook (as this is usually served on the rare side).
- Serve rice topped with beef mixture and toss together until mixed.