Go easy on the salsa, it’s tomato based, so it’s high in sugar!
Mexican Egg CupsCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
These cups combine the some tasty breakfast classics. They’re insanely easy to make and perfect for a busy morning on-the-go.
2 Whole Grain Tortillas
2/3 Tablespoon Macadamia Nut Oil
1/3 Cup Chunky Salsa
1/3 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
1 1/3 Green Onions, Thinly Sliced
2/3 Teaspoon Coriander, Chopped
1/6 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
Salt and Pepper, to Taste
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Spray/grease muffin tin.
- Cut each tortilla into halves. Place a small incision in each half and then wrap it around itself (in a cup/cone shape), fitting nicely in the muffin tin.
- Place onions in the bottom of each muffin cup, top with grated cheese.
- Mix paprika and fresh coriander into egg mixture.
- Pour egg mixture into each cup.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, last five minutes adding a salsa garnish and finish until tortilla is crisped up.