https://binksberryhollow.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/7-Mushroom-Goat-Cheese-Shallot-Copy.png 250 350 Binksberry Hollow Staff Binksberry Hollow Staff2021-01-17 04:02:392021-03-17 16:45:57Mushroom, Goat Cheese & Shallot Omelette
Mushroom, Goat Cheese & Shallot Omelette
Add a earthly flavor to any dish with dry Portobello and Shiitake mushrooms!
Mushroom, Goat Cheese & Shallot OmeletteCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
2 tbsp. macadamia nut oil
2 small shallots, chopped
1 cup portabella mushroom, sliced
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 medium onion, diced
1 tbsp. Portobello Mushroom Dust
2 cups egg substitute (8 large eggs, beaten)
4 tbsp. goat cheese
- For Portobello Mushroom Dust: Clean your mushrooms and slice to 1/4 inch slices. Place in a single layer in a dehydrator tray and set it to 110℉, dry for 4-6 hours. If using an oven, preheat to 150℉, place mushrooms in a single layer on a baking sheet, turning them over every hour for 4-6 hours. They are completely dry once they snap like a cracker. Store dried mushrooms in a can or jar for up to 1 year. Blend dried mushrooms in the food processor to make a fine dust. Rehydrate 1 tbsp. mushroom dust with a small amount of hot water.
- For Omelette: heat 1 tbsp. macadamia nut oil to a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots, red pepper, fresh mushrooms and mushroom dust. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp macadamia nut oil to a medium non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Pour in 1/2 cup of egg substitute (or 2 beaten eggs) and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add 1/4 vegetable mixture to the top of the omelette while it’s still cooking, flipping it once the center is solid, letting the other side cook for 1 minute
- Flip again and slide onto a plate, top with goat cheese and serve, repeat for each omelette