I love mixing up my breakfast routine with unexpected flavors like this Asian-inspired dish!
Oriental Vegetable & Egg BakeCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
1/2 Onion, Thinly Sliced
1 3/4 Garlic Cloves, Mashed
1/2 Cup Bell Pepper, Thinly Sliced
3/5 Cup Zucchini, Thinly Sliced or Shredded
4 oz. Shiitake Mushrooms, Sliced (or any mushroom you prefer)
1/3 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1/6 Cup Rice Vinegar
3/5 Purple Cabbage, Thinly Sliced
1/2 Cup Egg Whites
1/6 Cup Sesame Seed Oil
1/3 Cup Wheat Germ (or Flax Seeds)
1/3 Cup Almonds, Chopped
1 1/6 Tablespoons Fresh Ginger, Chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a baking dish
with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sauté the garlic and onion in a pan until the onion begins to brown.
- Add the carrots, zucchini and red pepper to the pan and sauté for
a few minutes until the vegetables begin to soften, releasing natural sugars and browning slightly.
- Add the mushrooms and cabbage to the pan and stir all the vegetables together, combining their flavors. Add the soy sauce and rice vinegar to the mixture
- Add the soy sauce and rice vinegar to the mixture.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and add the remaining ingredients.
- When the cabbage is soft, add the vegetables to the large bowl and
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 20-30
minutes until the egg sets. Serve hot.