Pan roasting locks in the flavors and juices. This cooking method allows allows other flavors to permeate lean cuts of meat!
Pan Roasted Pork and CabbageCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
4 Pork Chops or 2 lb. Pork Loin Roast
Salt and Pepper, to Taste
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Head Cabbage
- Season the pork with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Brown the chops in a heavy pot until very brown, but not burnt. This is key since the cabbage will get its color and flavor from the caramelization of the pork.
- After pork is sufficiently brown on all sides, take a head of green cabbage, core it, and cut it into eighths.
- Lower heat to med-low to low, add cabbage and a little more salt, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir, keep simmering and stirring until pork is falling apart and cabbage in brown and totally wilted.