https://binksberryhollow.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Screen-Shot-2020-12-03-at-10.19.56-AM.png 250 350 Binksberry Hollow Staff Binksberry Hollow Staff2020-12-03 15:22:012020-12-03 15:29:51Parmesan Encrusted Pork Loin
Parmesan Encrusted Pork Loin
Not feeling pork for dinner? No biggie, substitute chicken breast for the pork!
Parmesan Encrusted Pork LoinCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
1/4 Teaspoon Dried Basil
1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
Ground Black Pepper, to Taste
1/4 Teaspoon Thyme Leaves
1/4 Cup Dijon Mustard
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 lb Pork Loin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, oil, and spices to make a paste,
- Season the pork chops with pepper, then put your paste on top of the chops with the mustard mixture.
- Press the grated parmesan cheese into both sides of the chops. This is a great way to get flavor into the meat without all the added sugar of a marinade. This cooking style literally drains most of the fat right off into the pan. Don’t forget to trim any remaining fat once it’s on your plate.
- Place the chops on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes. The coating should be browned and slightly crispy with a nice seared crust and the pork should be cooked all the way through.