You can cook this dish in the oven if you have an over-safe pan. It will save you time and you won’t have to worry about watching over the steaks.
Salisbury Steaks & Mushroom Gravy with Onions & RiceCourse: LunchDifficulty: Easy
1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
Macadamia Nut Oil, for Cooking
One Small Onion, Sliced
1 Cup Mushrooms, Chopped
Garlic, Minced, to Taste
1 Teaspoon Arrowroot
2 Cups Low Sodium Beef Stock
1 Cup Brown Rice, Cooked
- Make beef into the shape of steaks. Place in heated pan with macadamia nut oil, searing off outsides.
- Sauté onions and mushrooms in same pan with beef. Add garlic.
- Remove beef from pan when desired doneness reached.
- Mix low sodium beef base with arrowroot.
- Add rice to pan with vegetables. Pour in the sauce. Cook, mixing everything together.
- When pan contents reach a boil, remove and pour over the steaks. Serve and enjoy!