Lower the calorie count using liquid egg whites in this frittata!
Chicken & Broccoli FrittataCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
2 tbsp. macadamia nut oil
1 small onion, diced
1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup boneless chicken breast (cooked diced, half)
2 cup sweet potatoes (peeled, diced)
2 cups egg substitute (or 8 eggs, lightly beaten)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 10 minutes, or until tender but firm; drain.
- While the potatoes are boiling, sauté one boneless chicken breast in a large non-stick, oven-safe skillet until cooked through, remove from pan, cool and dice.
- In the same pan, heat macadamia nut oil. Add onion, broccoli, mushrooms, chicken and drained sweet potatoes. Sauté 3-4 minutes. Stir in an additional tbsp. oil.
- Pour eggs to cover the vegetable mixture and let cook for 1-2 minutes
- Place entire pan in preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the top is slightly browned